06 Oct Cycling success for Christopher!
We are incredibly proud of our year 12 student, Christopher Donald who has had a great success in the competitive sport of cycling.
Christopher has had a number of podium finishes in his first year in the under 16s, including:
- Greatest achievement for 2017 in becoming Ulster Track Champion and winning bronze in the National road Championship.
- Stage 2 under 15 winner in Ras Na Nog, Drogheda July 2017
- Winner of the road race for the Oliver Kane memorial cup in Dervock.
- 3rd in Ballymoney criterium (Crit-these are short circuits on technical town centers).
- August 2017
- 3rd at the National road race in Carlow
- Ulster track champion.
- Ulster track league champion.
- Ireland inter-provincial track team winner.
- 1st in Dublin Delaney track grand prix.
- 2nd in cycling Ulster road youth league.
- 3rd in the last race of the season in Omagh helping him clinch 2nd place in the Ulster youth league championship.
Christopher represented Ulster in the Great British Inter-Regional Track Championships at the Sir Chris Hoy velodrome in Glasgow in September and has travelled all over Ireland to compete at a high level on both road and on track in his first year in the under 16 category.
He has also competing in Team Madigan racing with Team Madigan members, most of which are adults. He has won the trophy for a 10 mile time trial.
His younger brother, Luke Donald, is following his footsteps and has begun his first season racing as an under 12. This saw him competing throughout Ireland on behalf of Team Madigan on road and track and also in the Ulster track team winning the Ireland inter-provincial track with the highlight of the season travelling to France to take part in the Mini Paris Roubaix Road Race.
We hope he continues from strength to strength. Well done Christopher and Luke!