Unit 1 – Identity (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NM6Q6MY)
Unit 2 – Fauve Landscape (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JSNYC72)
Unit 3 – Hundertwasser (https://www.surveymonkey.com/summary/1PCGySZ0J1vtBILGrC7TNKwsSUd_2BVZb2hZXUj4qfAoo_3D)
Unit 4 – Still-Life (https://www.surveymonkey.com/summary/iriko9OWU0zPPBPYde_2B3whBxb8WZDwNhuGHhuuEd8YA_3D)
Unit 5 – Bottle Fish (https://www.surveymonkey.com/summary/9V1uwEwVg_2By0MMPiJuVYIYdZ7J7WEcPrXW8CsFUxwiU_3D)
Unit 1 – Forest (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RXZ567C)
Unit 2 – Paper Clothing (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VQHZQGR)
Unit 3 – Still life (https://www.surveymonkey.com/create/?sm=IJBPMePEusApt1S7Ku1df1ypsKMM53G_2BqwdgwSZ9maI_3D)
Unit 4 – Portraits (https://www.surveymonkey.com/create/?sm=RDTJKPdJi_2FuLxXPc16l4aop5lhMopYRrnwEwWPQfYg8_3D)
Unit 5 – Manga (https://www.surveymonkey.com/summary/Hn_2FPlV3jjnrV254pDBOJBPFiQpUePOMh8s_2BJvhkVPsA_3D)
Unit 1 – Distortion and Picasso (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/39P3XH3)
Unit 2 – Animation (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VW7QWPC)
Unit 3 – Recycled Flower (https://www.surveymonkey.com/create/?sm=lSJ_2F8u0MJgFZ_2FwUp86erzKLgk3yQ2Yv0Es00_2FuvJ_2Bms_3D)
Unit 4 – Still Life (https://www.surveymonkey.com/create/?sm=kiAcV3Pt6BUA3epvTkknkFIXhiCm9H4O5VGJhCR5Zwo_3D)
Unit 5 – Figurative sculpture (https://www.surveymonkey.com/create/?sm=2cf076tSvr5zrtxsFT2xd4TZ1BZEXyDiRFlQWh0N8og_3D)
Assessment throughout the year
1 Hennie Haworth family tree
2 Dan Eldon Journal
3 Fauve Landscape Painting
4 Windows and Doors A3 page
5 Still Life pepper study
1 Forest drawing page
2 Design for Paper Clothing
3 Still Life
5 Self Portrait
1 portrait in a spoon
2 Cubist painting
3 Kandinsky page
4 Flower study in Oil pastel
5 Still Life painting
YEAR 8 HOMEWORK LIST:
Unit 1 – IDENTITY
1. Back your sketchbook and organise yourself with a 2 & 4B pencil and some coloured pencils.
2. Research the Indian Art of Henna hand painting. Copy 3 detailed patterns using pencil.
3. Bring in as many of the following items for your identity collage: Old Maps, Photographs, keepsakes such as old tickets, cards, awards, stamps, postcards, drawings.
Unit 2 – FAUVES
5. Take a colourful landscape photograph. Print this and stick into your book.
6. Complete the colour wheel worksheet.
7. Draw a view out your bedroom window in fauve style/colours in choice media.
8. Find 10 facts on the web about Fauves. Type these and include an image.
Unit 3 – HUNDERTWASSER
10. Divide your sketchbook page in half. Draw a distinctive door or window shape on both sides. Complete one in pencil and the other with coloured pencil.
11. Complete a colour drawing, using paints or colouring pencils, of your own house.
12. Transform your own house by drawing and colouring it in the style of Hundertwasser.
13. Find an image of a ceramic house or building and do a colour drawing of it. Print out the image and stick it into your book.
Unit 4 – STILL-LIFE
15. Set up your own ‘Still life’ and photograph it.
16. Complete a colour study of your photography homework.
Unit 5 – BOTTLE-FISH
18. Find coloured pictures of tropical fish on the Internet.
19. Bring a large 2litre empty bottle.
20. Bring a magazine/tissue paper to decorate your fish.
21. Bring extras to decorate your fish.
YEAR 9 HOMEWORK LIST
Unit 1 – FOREST
1. Back your sketch book and organise yourself with a 2B pencil and some paints.
2. Collect a range of leaves, flowers, acorns, pine cones, berries to create sculptures in the next lesson. Also for homework you are to produce a 30 minute tonal drawing of a leaf you have collected, to fill an A4 page.
3. Produce two designs for your pot. Look at the objects you collected and create a design which you can work from. 4. In your sketchbook draw out the step by step process of how you made your pot and colour– (storyboard) and write a short evaluation.
Unit 2 – COLLIER
5. Look up www.jennifercollier.co.ukAnd complete a colour drawing of one of her pieces, you can print one of at break time if you do not have a computer at home. You should spend one hour on the drawing.
6. Bring in a small hanger (child size)
7. Complete designs
8. Bring in objects for your piece from the following list: Shoe laces, old stamps, maps or photocopies of maps.
Unit 3 – PERSPECTIVE
9. Soup can drawing.
10. Choose one ‘Still life’ Artist and create a fact sheet with 10 facts in your own words.
11. Set up your own still life at home and photograph it and print the photograph.
12. Draw your still life from your photograph with a full tonal range and a 2B pencil.
Unit 4 – PORTRAITURE
13. Collage eye using found magazine/ papers/colours
14. Draw the other half of the portrait provided, using coloured pencil
15. Self-portrait in colour
16. Worksheet Julian Opie
Unit 5 – MANGA
17. Find out what Manga is, and draw an image from the internet/book in colour.
18. Complete Character design
Year 10 Homework List
Unit 1 – DISTORTION
1. Back your new sketchbook. Buy an HB, 2B Pencil and set of coloured pencils.
2. Cut up magazines with faces in them – LARGE face parts.
3. Complete Picasso worksheet using the Internet to help you.
4. Choose one of Picasso’s distorted portraits and draw in colour.
Unit 2 -ANIMATION
6. Find 5 facts about Kandinsky under 5 W’s – Who, Where, What, Why, When
7. Complete Part One Stop Motion Animation worksheet.
8. Complete Part Two Stop Motion Animation worksheet.
9. Find free music/sounds online to compliment my film.
Unit 3 RECYCLED FLOWER
11. Bring magazine images/photographs for my collage page.
12. Start shopping list of objects – these may of course be free
13. Design your flower using colour.
14. Bring material and extras for my recycled product.
Unit 4 STILL LIFE
16. Take your own photographs/or collect sea life (fish, boats, shells, beach, marina)
17. Create collage of these in of these in your book.
18. Complete a large A4 tonal Study from one of your images.
19. Bring in sea life objects for your still life. (Shells, seaweed, rope, rocks, driftwood)
20. Look up the work of artist Janne Matter complete a colour tonal drawing of one of her pieces of work.
Unit 5 FIGURE DRAWING
22. Complete Giacometti worksheet.
23. Draw a figure in action (sports pose) using pencil tone, fill an A4 page.
24. Find 5 Facts about the sculptor Alexander Calder.