23 Oct A Wonderful Evening for Carrickfergus Connect & Build @ Ulidia!
Thank you so much to all our exhibitors and guests at our very first Connect & Build event on Wednesday evening. The evening was a great success and was an important opportunity for members of the local community to connect with each other and find out about is on offer in the area.
It was reassuring to hear that we all share the same struggles in balancing busy lives with family, work and study, trying to keep physically healthy while trying to keep stress levels down and our heads above water from time to time!
Our brilliant exhibitors included:
- MENCAP Junior Gateway Team
- Relationships Resource Centre
- East Antrim Counselling Service
- Carrickfergus Archery Club
- Whitehead Coastal Rowers
A special thanks to our guest speakers:
- Shirley Penny from Boost Life
- Beth Gibb from Action Mental Health
- Christine Surgeoner from Bel-Tonz
- Kerry Connolly from Willow & Green
- Jane Gribbin from Volunteer NI
- Lee Robb from Positive Carrickfergus
Our speakers challenged us think about how we can help ourselves to prevent the stresses of life from becoming too overwhelming and how we can use what’s available in the local community to help us recover from occasions when life doesn’t go to plan.
The evening has inspired both staff and students to develop our outreach in the community – keep posted for further details!