A clear structure of informal and formal sanctions is used by teaching staff to reinforce our standards and expectations for both work and behaviour.
The intention of all sanctions is to underline and help students to understand when improvements must be made and to encourage you to make changes that will benefit you in the long term. The following types of behaviour will not be tolerated as they impact the quality of teaching and learning in the classroom:
- Inappropriate language
- Interrupting demonstrations
- Refusal to co-operate with staff
- Being unprepared for class
- Defacing/destroying school property
- Missing work deadlines
- Lateness to school or lessons
- Rudeness to staff
- Not following instructions
- Talking over teacher/others
The following 3 step procedure is used to address negative behaviour in the classroom:
WARNING: If my negative behaviour continues or is deemed more serious the consequences will be determined by my Head of Year or a member of Senior Staff.