he central focus of the Technology and Design Department is the design and manufacture of products which may also use energy and control to make them work.
Throughout key stages 3 and 4 this department provides opportunities for pupils to develop a range of knowledge, understanding and skills within the four elements of Technology and Design. These include Designing, Communication, Manufacture and Energy and control.
• to develop individual creativity, innovation and an enjoyment of the subject
• to enable pupils to work safely when using tools equipment and machinery
• to enable pupils to develop knowledge and understanding of materials, control systems and processes and to apply them in the design of technological products
• to enable pupils to communicate effectively using a range of methods including ICT
• to enable pupils to use a wide range of skills in the manipulation of materials, tools and other equipment to manufacture technological products to a high standard
• to allow pupils to relate their work to real life situations